Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

1.  You know that you are dating an awesome guy when you randomly mention on Facebook that you are craving a caramel apple and then, lo and behold, there is a caramel apple waiting for you later that night.  I realize this might seem like a small gesture to many people but not to a girl with a mouth full of sweet teeth.

Also, in regards to caramel apples, I saw an episode of Iron Chef years ago, where the challenger made mini caramel apples by using a melon baller to scoop out little tiny balls from apples and then coating them in caramel.  I've wanted to make these ever since (literally, recreating these is on my bucket list) but haven't had success.  The caramel slides off the apple b/c there is no skin for it to stick to.  Any culinary geniuses out there with any suggestions?  The chef was able to do it by flash-freezing the delicious mini apples or something.  A million bucks to whomever helps me figure it out.  And by a million bucks, I mean I'll give you a mini caramel apple... with your choice of topping!  Whatever your little heart desires.  As long as it's in my kitchen pantry already.

2.  I am OBSESSED with the show Portlandia.  It seriously makes me laugh with all of its randomness and quirkiness.  If I was a television show, I would like to be Portlandia.  If you have never seen it, get thee to Hulu and start watching clips from it immediately.  But only if you have a sense of humor.  If you don't have a sense of humor, go watch Law & Order: SVU.  Although, Munch and Ice T have some good comedic one-liners... sometimes not even on purpose.




3.  You know how sometimes you could be having a stressful day or you could be upset about something, but then you have a positive interaction with someone and it really helps to mellow you out?  Any time that happens to me (and I really try to keep my stressful days to a minimum), I always try to remember how much that one interaction changes things.  And that helps me to always be upbeat and positive and friendly to other people, b/c you never know... you could be the one to turn that person's day around.  Just food for thought, I guess.

4.  I'm wearing a headband right now and it's causing me to think that my head is abnormally shaped because it's not staying on.  I see other women walking around wearing headbands and they seem to stay on fine.  This leads me to believe there's something odd about my own head.  I'm not really complaining.  I like my head and everything.  It's just a little irritating.

5.  Can you believe there's only two weeks until Thanksgiving?  WTF?  Where has this year gone?  It's almost time to break out the Tofurkey.  I'm just kidding.  I don't really eat Tofurkey.  Probably because feet gross me out and the first syllable sounds like "toe" and I can't support that.  Also probably because it doesn't taste good.  That being said though, it's almost the anniversary of my veganhood.  The day after Thanksgiving this year will be 6 years as a vegan.  Anyways, back to Thanksgiving stuff.  I was thinking about attempting to make a pumpkin pie sometime this year because I have still never actually tried pumpkin pie.  In fact, I only tried pumpkin for the first time about a year ago.  And while I didn't love it, I also didn't hate it.  But I don't really understand all you weirdos (I say that with love) who think pumpkin-flavored everything is the second coming.

6.  Did you know that there is a show on CMT about the making of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleading team?  And did you know that yours truly is sadly addicted to it?  I think it's because I have all the rhythm and grace of an elephant and so watching people who can actually dance or at least move with some level of coordination is rather fascinating to me.  I can basically do the "YMCA", the Macarena, the Sprinkler, the Swim and the Grocery Shop.  Hit me up if you need dance lessons on these moves, especially if you're going out and are gonna "hit the clubs" so they say*.  Sometimes, when I'm dancing around my bedroom in the morning and "Crazy in Love" by Beyonce and Jay-Z comes on, I attempt to bounce my booty like Ms. B., but it's a pretty embarrassing attempt and usually ends in laughter b/c I watch myself in the mirror while I do it.  Why am I admitting this to the public?  God only knows.  It's pretty mortifying.

          * No one says that.



7.  The areas hit by Hurricane Sandy could still use your help.  If you find yourself in a generous mood, please visit The Red Cross to make a donation.  You can also visit FEMA's website for more information on how to donate and volunteer in the most beneficial ways possible.  Regardless of politics, race, gender, income, etc., we're all in this together.  We're all human beings and our only real responsibility in this life is to treat each other love, respect and compassion.  Everything else is just a bi product of how well we accomplish that one task.

8.  About four months ago, I randomly started writing in all caps.  I'm not really sure why it started but when I'm writing at work, it's all caps.  When I write notes to people, all caps.  What does this mean?  I'm certainly not yelling at everyone, which is supposedly how you yell at people, via email.  Any handwriting analysts out there?   I actually like my handwriting better this way, (it's much neater), but it takes me longer to write things.

This was a horrible blog guys and I apologize for making you read it.  You probably kept plugging along, thinking it would be funny at some point, and then it never got there, and now it's over.  It's like a horrible movie where you just keep hoping it gets better, but it never does and then you walk out of the theater, irritated that you just wasted $10 on a ticket.  The bright side is that I only wasted your time, not your money, since I'm not charging.  Yet.  Mostly, I just needed a stress relief for myself and writing does that for me.  So here we are.  We can both pretend like this never happened.  Next time will be better, I promise.  Maybe.  Actually, I don't promise that at all.

Peas and Love, Sugars!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment