Friday, November 9, 2012

A Non-Exhaustive List of Good Stuff

People on Facebook are doing this thing in November where you list something you're thankful about each day.  I'm not doing that b/c I only use Facebook for serious discussions about serious things... like today's posts about cat hiccups and the horrible song "Barbie Girl" from the 90s.

So I'm going to use this blog instead.  The following is a non-exhaustive list, in no particular order, of things that I'm thankful for and things that make me happy.


  • My Family... THE BEST EVER
  • My Friends... Also THE BEST EVER
  • Water... so clean and refreshing
  • Mint Chocolate Chip gum
  • Post-Its... I really love post-its.  At any given moment, there are 3-4 pads of post-its on my desk.  It's important to have a variety of sizes and colors available at a moment's notice, for all your posting needs.
  • Fall weather... brisk, jacket weather but not freezing cold air is perfection.
  • Different personalities...  I really heart how different (and sometimes weird) people are.  I think it's beautiful and fantastic.
  • Cupcakes...  There is a place called SweetArt around here that reportedly makes some of the best cupcakes around AND they have vegan options.  Holy yum.  I'm afraid that if I go there, I will want to move in and eat cupcakes all day.
  • Men's Cologne... not for me, per se, but I really like the smell of some of them. 
  • Flowers... especially tulips.  But really any and all kinds are beautiful.
  • Laughter... there's nothing better than laughing until you can't breathe.  Best feeling ever.
  • Multi-Color Pens... You know the pens that have multiple color choices within one pen?  I have two and each has a red, blue, green and black ink choice.  My affection for these pens is really nerdy.  I thought I lost them both today but I've recovered them.  They are now safely tucked in my purse.
  • My Body... Even when it's not cooperating, I still love it and am thankful for it every single day.  Every. Single. Day.
  • Cell Phones... even though mine doesn't work in the black hole of my office.
  • Text Messaging... b/c I really hate talking on aforementioned phone.
  • Jorts
  • Mapquest... b/c I am a hopeless mess if left to find my own way to places.
  • Fruit... I love fruit of all kinds and eat multiple servings of fresh fruit every day.  But I really, really love apples when they're covered in caramel and strawberries when they're covered in dark chocolate.
  • "That's What She Said" jokes...  Yes, I know I'm better than that.  But they still make me laugh.  I said one today, in fact.  
  • Reruns of Friends, Boy Meets World and Saved by the Bell.
  • Dr. Oz
  • When people do random, nice, thoughtful things for strangers
  • Fish, the cat
  • Kombucha tea... an acquired taste. But now that I have acquired it, I'm totally addicted.
  • Candid Pictures
  • The song "Rollin'" by Limp Bizkit
  • Cocoa Butter
  • Hockey...  This is a sore subject for me right now, but I still love it.  Instead of watching the NHL this season, I will be forced to watch The Mighty Ducks on repeat.
  • Candles
  • BOSU balls...  This is literally my favorite piece of gym equipment.  If you've never used one, allow me to change that for you.  Come see me at any Club Fitness and I will show you the light.
  • Weekends... especially when you get to spend them with the awesome people in your life.
  • Soulard Farmer's Market...  one of my favorite parts of the weekend.
  • Young Adult R.L Stine books... not the Goosebump ones, but the Fear Street ones.  I was obsessed with these when I was a kid and thanks to a FB post from a friend, I'm reminded of how much I loved them.  Thanks Michelle!  I kinda wish I hadn't given all mine away in garage sales over the years.  I would totally nerd out and read them all weekend.
That's what I've got for right now.  I'm pretty lucky and blessed though so be aware that there might be a second list forthcoming.

Peas and Love, Pumpkins!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment