Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fears, a Candlestick and a Peanut Wearing a Monocle

Sorry guys!  I kind of fell off the face of the planet for a minute there.  I have not posted anything on this blog in For. Ev. Er.  Have you been feeling like something was missing in your life recently but you just couldn't figure out what it was?  Well, it was me and my blog.  We were missing but we're back!  Yea!

As per usual, I have only things of the highest importance to chat about today... random thoughts I have and things you never knew you wanted to know about me.

First up, let's chat about irrational fears.  I have two that I am going to share with you.  As some of you may know, I'm training for a half marathon right now and every time I do my long runs outside on Sunday, I think about these two things.

Irrational Fear #1:  When I'm running across an overpass, I am terrified that someone is going to come from behind and push me over the edge.  When I'm nearing the overpass, I make sure no one else is around before I cross.  I also look over my shoulder multiple times till I'm on the other side.  I know it's totally weird.  But there are some crazy people out there.  

Irrational Fear #2:  When I run across grates in the sidewalks, I always think that it's going to give out underneath me and I will plummet to my death.  I try to dodge them but then my run turns into an obstacle course.

If either of these things happen, I will be very annoyed because it will really affect my ability to stay on pace.  Hopefully there will be enough time during the fall to stop my stopwatch b/c I don't think fall-time should count as far as my total run-time.  I will restart my watch when I land on my feet at the bottom.

Next, let's talk about childhood crushes.  Of course, I had crushes on some random boys in grade school but I'm also going to let you in on two other secret crushes that I had way back when.

Weird Crush #1:  Lumierre, the Candlestick in Beauty & the Beast.  Not Lumierre when the curse was broken but Lumierre while he was actually a candlestick.  I'm pretty sure it was the accent.  I would have been more than happy to be his guest.

Weird Crush #2:  Mr. Peanut.  So classy, with his monocle and cane and top hat.  He probably rides around in a tiny limo too.  It's probably made out of walnut shells or something.  I'm eating sunflower kernels right now and he's staring at me from the package.  It's like he's winking at me.  Perhaps this is why I love peanut butter so much?  

Don't judge me about these things.  I know I'm a weirdo but you love me anyway.

Peas and Love Sugars!

Erica

P.S.  If you haven't bookmarked my new blog - www.brighteyedtrainergirl.com - you should do so immediately.  It's still in the beginning stages but it will be solely devoted to health and fitness.  There's also a link to "like" the Bright Eyed Trainer Girl Facebook page.  I will love you forever if you click it.  Who am I kidding?  I will love you forever regardless but I would still appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment