Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks a Lot!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  I hope you all have a wonderful day, full of good food and good company.  Truly though, I hope that for everyone every day, not just on Thanksgiving.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of things I am thankful for:

  • My amazing family, the best in the world
  • My wonderful friends, also the best in the world
  • My body, specifically:
    • my legs for giving me the strength to do more squats than I ever thought possible and letting me sprint at 9.0 today
    • my arms for giving me strength to do push-ups... "girl" push-ups, but who cares?
    • my brain, for being genius-like
    • my heart for two reasons... 1.  For letting me take breath after beautiful breath and 2.  For being filled with love
  • Flowers, specifically tulips because they are my favorite
  • Edamame, the most delicious thing to come in a small green bean shape
  • The Apple Genius that fixed my Mac today for free, thus allowing me to type this blog
  • Chewing gum
  • Good books
  • Music that makes my heart race and my feet dance
  • Coworkers that make me happy to go to work
  • Fish, even when he's biting me... I know it's out of love
  • My cozy apartment
  • Food that I thought I hated up until this year, including:
    • raisins - you may be wrinkly, but you are also sweet and delicious
    • tofu - you used to freak me out with your sponge-like qualities, but turns out that if you are cooked/seasoned appropriately, I could eat you every day.
    • sweet potatoes and squashes of all kind
    • brussels sprouts
  • Everyone that has inspired me this past year and kept me motivated... way too many people to list but I thank you all every single day.
  • My blender:  Every morning, I crank it up to churn out the most delicious smoothies you will ever drink.  Newbies to green drinks should just close their eyes first because the color isn't always the most attractive shade of pink/green/sometimes blue.
  • My experiences, good and bad.  They've made me who I am and that's someone that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.
  • Post-its.  For real, I love them.  I use them every day, all day.  I like looking at the bright colors they have now but technically, I really only like to use the classic pale yellow ones.
  • The repairman who fixed my garbage disposal today
    • Side note:  Less thankful for the gross murky junk left behind in the sink.
  • Positive thoughts and attitudes
  • Good food.  You might have noticed that I LOVE food.  Truly, I could talk about it (and/or eat it) all day long and be a happy, happy camper.
  • The color blue
  • The small things that happen every day that make me smile.
That's it for now but I will update this list throughout the next couple days, as I think of things and if I have time.  But here's my Thanksgiving advice before I go... If there are people in your life that you are thankful for, take a second to tell them.  You have no idea what it might mean to them.  You don't need to get all sappy if you don't want to but throw something out there.  Sometimes one kind word is all it takes to change the course of someone's day, night, week or life.  

Once you've done that, go feast on good food and enjoy the holiday!  Feel free to skip the turkey if you want.  In my opinion, it's all about the sides anyways.

Peas and Love Pilgrims!

Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment