Thursday, September 15, 2011

5 Things

I love lists.  I mean, I really, really love lists.  I almost want to write a list of the types of lists I make but I won't.  To honor my passion for list-writing, I'm occasionally going to start posting my list of 5 Things.  These 5 things are going to be different from week to week, full of whatever pops into my head, whether it's favorite things or random thoughts.  Without further ado...

5 Random Thoughts

1.  Is there a person on this Earth more irritating and condescending than Delilah on Fresh 102.5?  The answer is no, there is not.  People call in and gush to her about how much they love her and I do not get it.  In the course of the past two nights, Delilah first mocked someone for not being accepted into a school, then encouraged one woman to admit on air that she loved someone who did not love her back (really emphasizing the latter part) and lastly, made me want to punch her in the face.  She. Is. Awful.  But sometimes, when I'm driving home from work, I appreciate the soothing soft rock favorites played on that station, so I put up with her.  I especially enjoy cheesy love songs from the 90s, like Lady in Red, or any Billy Joel song.

2.  I really love raisins.  I thought I hated them for the longest time but it turns out that I actually love them.  I wish I was eating them right now.  I also really love candy fruit slices but after my sugar binge a week ago, I'm staying away from those.  Plus, when a product has only 4 ingredients and two of those are types of sugar and the other two are "flavoring" and food coloring, I try not to make eating them a daily occurrence.  So it's me and raisins now and we are very happy together.  I'm not saying I won't ever have a fling with a fruit slice again, but raisins and I have a solid relationship that I can count on.

3.  I have a black fleece jacket that I absolutely love.  It was big on me when I got it last winter but now it's even bigger which makes it even cozier to wrap up in.  Anyway, I was feeling a little bummed today and wrapping up in this jacket totally gave me warm and cozy feelings.  My only issue with it is that it says 24 Hour Fitness on it but I am totally a Club Fitness girl now.  Anyway, moral of the story, get an oversized fleece jacket.  You won't regret it.

4.  I'm pretty sure my feet have shrunk in the past week.  I have a black pair of heels that I have been wearing for forever but for the past few days, my feet have been slipping out of them.  What could be the cause of this?  I don't think my shoes have stretched because it's not like they are brand new.  I almost plummeted to my death while prancing quickly down some concrete steps today because of this.  Luckily, I was already at a hospital so I guess there are worse places to seriously injure yourself. However, not to be morbid or anything, but if I die an early death by falling, I'd really rather it be somewhere more glamorous than a parking garage.  Like if I fell while rappelling down a mountain or something, at least that would make for an exciting story.  Please note, that I really do not want to die an early death though.  I'd really much rather be a 102 year old woman rappelling down a mountain.

5.  My cat is a junkie.  He's hooked on treats and I'm going nuts dealing with his addiction.  The constant meows, the biting and dirty looks I get when he doesn't get them, the running to the kitchen every time he hears a bag open... I can't handle it.  I tried to detox him but it didn't work.  Evidently this addiction runs deep.  He's one day sober right now and I can feel him glaring at me as I write this.  It makes me very uncomfortable.
If looks could kill...
Peas and Love Dudes!
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment