Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ode to Avocados

Dear Avocado,

I heart you.  This may sound extreme, but it comes from the bottom of my heart... or maybe the bottom of my stomach, but either way, I mean it.  You are currently the love of my life.  Someday, a human may replace you in that role, but for now, it is true.

You are so very versatile and make such a tasty addition to many dishes.  Sometimes, you are added to a sandwich or pita.  Other times, I like to chop you up and add you into mexican delights like black bean and corn salad or smash you into the ever-popular guacamole dip.  Possibly my favorite meal that you play a starring role in is veggie sushi roles.  The way you combine with brown rice, cucumbers, seaweed and soy sauce makes my mouth so very happy.

People may not understand our love but I don't care.  Critics say you have too much fat or not enough taste.  They just don't understand you like I do.  I love you just the way you are.  Avocado, you complete me.

Your #1 Fan,
Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment