Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wednesday Highlight Reel

  • I woke up this morning with a Christmas song in my head.  It was that song from Love Actually that the washed-up singer manages to get to Number 1 on the charts.  It's an absolutely terrible song.  Your guess is as good as mine as to why I woke up singing it.  I don't really care to sing about snow and Christmas being all around when in reality, it's 432 degrees outside.  A couple weeks ago, I woke up with Monster Mash in my head.  Now that is an awesome song and one that I would happily sing along with at any given moment.
  • I decided to attempt another Green Monster for breakfast this morning.  In the past, these smoothies have been less than delicious.  This time, I used a recipe from one of my absolute favorite blogs, Oh She Glows.  It contained spinach, banana, peanut butter, almond milk and ground flax.  Shockingly, this one tasted pretty darn good!  You really couldn't taste the spinach.  It was mostly just banana, peanut buttery goodness.  The only disappointment came when I didn't get the Popeye-esque muscles that I was hoping for by eating the spinach.  I managed a good workout at the gym anyways but still.
  • I decided to make zucchini "pasta" for dinner tonight and while peeling the squash, I also peeled a layer of skin off of my finger.  This was painful.  But then, while I was telling someone at work what happened, I was told to look at the silver lining which is that at least I wasn't peeling something acidic which would have stung even worse.  And then someone else piped up and said at least I wasn't peeling it while my apartment burned down around me.  And then it turned into being grateful that I wasn't peeling the zucchini while drowning in the middle of the ocean with sharks circling me.  So in the end, I should practically thank the vegetable peeler for slicing me up.
  • While I was getting ready for work, I noticed a mysterious bump on the back of my head, as though I had hit my head on something.  I do not remember this happening and while I am super-klutzy sometimes, I typically remember how I incur my injuries.  Maybe Fish punched me in the head while I slept?  He has been known to bite/slap me in my sleep if he gets low on food before I wake up, so I wouldn't put this past him.  
  • While I was getting dressed, I decided to wear a pair of shoes that I haven't worn in about 4 years.  I thought I stopped wearing them because I don't think they are cute but I was very quickly reminded that I stopped wearing them because they are the most uncomfortable shoes in existence.  I'm pretty sure they were created by Satan himself.  It felt like the shoes were waging a war on my poor toes, determined to murder every single one, slowly and without mercy.
  • Lastly, twice today, I was pretty sure that my flesh was going to melt off of my bones in this heat.  And then I assume my bones would quickly turn to dust, much as they would if I were to be standing on the surface of the sun.
So that was my Wednesday, in a nutshell.  It was a delightful day, all in all.  Hope you all had great "hump days" as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment