Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm a Nerd and I Embrace It

It's been a pretty productive Sunday up till now.  
- I ate a simple but delicious breakfast (Grape Nuts + Banana = Heaven in a Bowl)

- Did a little bit of cleaning/organizing

- Workout at my home away from home, aka Club Fitness.  Side note: Today's workout was very A.D.D.  I could not make myself focus and stick with one particular machine so I hopped around quite a bit.  Little bit of stairclimber, little bit of elliptical, little bit of this, little bit of that.  This mood hits every now and then and I do not care for it very much.  However, this workout was better than no workout.  And I was still sweaty (too much info?) afterwards so i consider it a good thing.

- Created yet another mouth-watering concoction for lunch/dinner... 40 Clove Chickpeas and Broccoli.  Soooo good and yet very simple.  Garlicky, healthy goodness. Seriously, you should totally come over for dinner one evening and let me blow your mind with my chef-like prowess in the kitchen.

- Laundry and other boring housekeeping type things

- Started my application for school and applied for a second job

- Was going to do a bit more work on applications and such but then my inner nerd came out.  I noticed that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was on ABC Family.  Yep, I'm a Harry Potter geek.  Love the books.  Love the movies.  I'm not sure why I feel comfortable letting the world know that I am a such a nerd but whatevs, I totally embrace it.  You know you love me anyways.

If you have never watched any of these movies or read any of the books, this is a mistake that you must correct immediately.  Now up until a year ago, I was one of those people.  However, my roommate at the time gave me an ultimatum one evening.  Either go to the gym for a workout with her or rent Harry Potter.  This was before I became a gym and health nut so I very quickly chose the movie and I have been obsessed ever since.  Keep an open mind and just enjoy the story.  Embrace the fantastical.  I will say this though, if you ever name your child Dumbledore, you have gone too far.  So here I sit, eating cucumbers and tomatoes, watching teenage wizards do their thing.  It's a Sunday though and I say, if you can't be a bum on a Sunday night, then when can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment