Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hola Amigos!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  I don't know exactly what we are celebrating but any excuse to eat Mexican food seems like a good holiday to me.  I assume there was a war but that's about all I know.  I spent most of my history classes in high school daydreaming or writing notes to friends.  I don't really feel too bad about this since the history teacher I had for 2 of those years spent at least half the class period making up historical "facts" or making racist jokes.  Shout out to my friend Michelle who let me copy her notes before all of our tests!  Long story short (this is a lie... none of my stories are ever short), I ate tortilla soup today and it was delish.

The problem with eating soup for lunch is that I want to take a nap afterwards but now that I have rejoined the working masses, I could not do that.  I mean, I probably could have but I've only been there a few weeks and I think you are supposed to wait at least a couple months before you take afternoon naps.  Although technically, I think it is customary to take afternoon siestas in Mexico so I probably should have insisted that we embrace other cultures by adopting this tradition.  It's practically disrespectful not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment