Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday I'm In Love...

No, not with any particular person.  Except you, Robert Downey Jr.  You may have your way with me.  But that's a topic for another blog... a much more scandalous blog.

Anyways, I'm going to let you all know about a little quirk of mine.  Every Friday morning, I listen to the song "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure.  I got into this habit a little over a year ago when the song just happened to come on while I was driving into work on a Friday.  This song just makes me happy and makes me think about things and places I love.  So now, my little ritual is to think of one random thing or place or whatever that I love while listening to the music.  I know, it's weird, but it makes me happy and I think it's nice to make a point to think about the little things sometimes that make you smile.

This brings me to today.  So this Friday I'm In Love with...

My oversized, super comfy chair that is by the window in my bedroom.   Every morning, I curl up in this chair, eat breakfast and daydream while I stare out the window.  This is especially nice when there's a light breeze and the window's open.  Sometimes I laugh at Fish while he tries to intimidate the birds that are chirping on the branches right outside but the birds never seem impressed.  It is such a simple pleasure and sometimes those are the best kind.  This chair draws me in like a moth to a flame, like white on rice, like Fish to his food bowl.  You get the point.  I am in fact sitting in this chair as we speak, typing up this blog entry.  I should be getting ready to go and yet, I can not make myself leave this comfy, curled up position that I'm in.  So if you are ever in the neighborhood, stop by and sit in the World's Most Awesome Chair.  You won't regret it.  But call ahead because if I just walk in one day and find you in my chair, I will be freaked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment